Terms of Service – Diaawards.com
Welcome to the DIA Awards website at http://www.diaawards.com/ (“Site”), a concept of Digital Innovation Asia, owened by Chameleon Strategies, Ltd., the operator of Digital Innovation Asia (“Blogger Matchup”,”Chameleon Strategies”, “Digital Innovation Asia”, “we,” or “us”). Below are the terms and conditions of use of the Site and of any DIA Awards services.
By clicking the “Submit” button, completing the form registration process for DIA Awards and/or using any of the Services, you agree that you (either an individual or a legal entity that you represent as an authorized employee or agent) (“You”) are eligible for an account and you agree to abide to all of these terms and conditions of the Services (the “Terms of Service” or “Agreement”). The Services are offered to you on the condition that you accept these Terms of Service without modification. Violation of these Terms of Service may result in the immediate termination of your account, in addition to any other legal and equitable remedies that we or third parties may have against you. We reserve the right to modify these Terms of Service at any time upon posting a revised version hereof. By accessing or using our Site or any of our Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service, as revised from time to time.
Terms of Service – DIA Awards
A. Registration Process and Payment Methods
DIA Awards registrations are FREE
DIA Awards cannot be responsible for your spam filters blocking your confirmation email.
B. Cancellation Policy
Substitutions may be made. If you wish to substitute a participant, you may make the change through the link in your registration confirmation or via the contact form
C. DIA Awards program
DIA Awards program is subject to change without notice
D. Participation and Behavior
1. DIA Awards nominaees and attendees are expected to behave professionally. Excessive use of obscene language, abusive behavior, or threatening behavior directed to any other conference attendee is not conducive to a learning environment and will result in banning from the event.
2. Suitcasing: Attendee agrees they will not distribute, or permit to be distributed, any advertising matter, literature, souvenir items or promotional materials in or about the show area under any circumstances. Attendee agrees to not post any signs, advertisements, show bills, lithograph posters or cards of any description on any part of the premises of the Facility. Attendee agrees to not to promote any business or even that is not an official sponsor of DIA. All of this activity is defined as “Suitcasing” and will result in immediate removal from the premises without warning. Attendee will be required to forfeit their badge immediately and no refunds will be given.
E. DIA-provided Internet Access
The following uses of DIA-provided Internet access are not permitted:
1. To violate any statutes of the host country & region;
2. To vandalize, damage, or disable the property of another individual or organization;
3. To access another individual’s materials, information, or files without permission;
4. To use scanning or hacking exploit tools on public networks; and,
5. To violate copyright or otherwise use the intellectual property of another individual or organization without permission.
F. Personal Property
DIA Awards accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal property.
G. Image Rights Release
As a participant in DIA and / or DIA Awards, upon the terms herewith stated, I hereby give to DIA and DIA Awards, their heirs, legal representatives and assigns, and those acting with his/her authority and permission:
The unrestricted right and permission to copyright and use, re-use, sales through any visual or audio media, publish, live streaming and broadcast video or pictures of me or in which I may be included intact or in part, composite or distorted in character or form, without restriction as to changes or transformations in conjunction with my own or a fictitious name, or reproduction hereof in color or otherwise, made through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or any other purpose whatsoever.
I also permit the use of any printed material in connection therewith.
I hereby relinquish any right that I may have to examine or approve the completed product or products or the advertising copy or printed matter that may be used in conjunction therewith or the use to which it may be applied.
I hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless DIA, their heirs, legal representatives or assigns, and all persons functioning under their permission or authority, or those for whom they are functioning, from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion, or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
I hereby affirm that I am over the age of majority and have the right to contract in my own name. I have read the above authorization, release and agreement, prior to its execution; I fully understand the contents thereof. This agreement shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
Terms & Conditions
The following Terms & Conditions apply to your use of this Network. You are solely responsible for your conduct and your content on the Network and compliance with these terms. By registering with us or using or browsing this Network, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms. This Network is not directed to children younger than 13 and is offered only to users 18 years of age or older. Any person who provides their personal information through this Network represents that they are 18 years of age or older.
You agree that you will not post, email or make available any content or use this Network:
• In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party’s intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights;
• in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
• to engage in spamming, “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes”, advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines;
• in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
• in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another’s privacy;
• in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
• in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable;
• to impersonate any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to this Network without authorization;
• to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this Network or prevent others from using this Network, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to this Network, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons’ ability to use this Network;
• to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any user’s account or to monitor or copy this Network or the content contained therein;
• to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
• in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent;
• in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of content transmitted through this Network or to users; and
• in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if emailed to users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests. Additionally, you agree not to:
• “Stalk” or otherwise harass anyone;
• Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
• Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any member of this Network or to proxy authentication credentials for any member of this Network for the purposes of automating logins to this Network;
• Post any content containing child pornography to this Network;
• Post any content that depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
• Post any content that constitutes pornography, contains nudity, or is adult in nature.
• Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from this Network – except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or “well-behaved” web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by “well-behaved”;
• Post irrelevant content, repeatedly post the same or similar content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the Network’s infrastructure;
• Attempt to gain unauthorized access to our computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this Network;
• Use this Network as a generic file hosting service;
• Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of this Network or for using it for purposes unrelated to this Network); and
• Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of this Network.
To provide notice of alleged copyright infringement on this Network, please see the DMCA Notification Guidelines. You agree not to authorize or encourage any third party to use this Network to facilitate any of the foregoing prohibited conduct. You also agree that these Network Terms of Service inure to the benefit of our service providers (including our Network platform provider) and that they may take action (including the removal of your content and disabling of your account) in order to maintain compliance with these Network Terms of Service. Technology and hosting for aspects of this Network are provided by this Network’s online service provider. However, the Network Creator of this Network controls the content, membership and policy of this Network, including those pages served by such service provider on behalf of this Network. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, by participating on this Network you agree to indemnify and hold harmless such service provider on all matters related to your interaction with others using this Network and participation with this Network.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
DIA and DIA Awards collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
• – To personalize user experience We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
• – To improve our Site, we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
• – To improve customer service Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
• – To process transactions We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
• – To administer content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
• -To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
• – To send periodic emails The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on February 19, 2014
From the home sliders and in some sliders : Credit and licence & certificate via Envato
From sliders and pages : Credit DIA photos and Flickr Creative Commons free commercial use